Consumers demand taste, texture and stability – and ICL Food Specialties has the expertise and protein management capabilities to help its clients meet and exceed these demands. ICL Food Specialties will showcase protein management and other innovative product applications at booth #1254 at the Institute of Food Technology (IFT) annual meeting and exposition, to take place Jul. 17-19 in Chicago.
“Culinary & protein inspired trends continue to drive consumer demands for new products requiring differentiated ingredient technologies to meet the taste and texture requirements,” says Beth Warren, Commercial Lead North America & Global Marketing Communications Director. “Creating new ingredient technologies in our state of the art applications labs is accelerating these innovations for our customers.”
Visitors to the ICL Food Specialties Booth can be inspired by tasting the delicious results by sampling:
- Chicago-style “not” dog – Formulated with the ROVITARIS™ Protein System, this innovative product line provides premium texture and flavor in an appetizing, meatless option.
- Simply Delicious Hot Diggity Dog – featuring TARI® COMBI PP 1 is simply delicious. Less is more in deli meat, sausage and poultry to satisfy the new market for simpler labels while maintaining the moisture and succulence required for good taste and texture.
- Clearly Refreshing Strawberry Limeade Slushy (protein-fortified) – Uniquely clean flavored & clear whey protein icy beverage boasting 20 grams of protein per 16-ounce serving. Featuring BEKAPLUS® BP 900.
- Va-Va Voom Velvet Cake with Creamy Frosting –
- Cake: Superior texture with 60 percent less sodium. BEKABAKE® EF 2 replaces 100% of the egg while Levona® Allegro, calcium leavening system and Salona® natural sea salt reduces the salt while providing flavor enhancement of the chocolate.
- Icing: a sweet dairy frosting, featuring BEKAPLUS® DP 302, a protein-based emulsifier that provides taste and texture similar to a cream cheese frosting without hydrocolloids.
“Food formulation truly is an art as well as a science, and the new genre of functional foods that technology makes possible is unlimited.” Warren says. “We invite IFT attendees to stop by and talk to our team about their specific food formulation challenges and watch our new application videos featuring new product development tools. Together, we can create your next masterpiece.”